Environmental Pollution Expertise
You will have access to a wide range of technical, inspection and testing services when you select EPS World for your evaluation projects.
In order to eliminate guess work and unscheduled downtime, evaluation should answer the following questions:
- What is the current existing condition?
- Why is the problem occurring?
- How to correct the problem?
EPS World has redefined the meaning of ‘Evaluation’. When it comes to boiler, pressure vessels, piping and other process equipment… Evaluation is not just inspection or as some others say ‘flash light inspection’, it consists of:
- Visual internal and external inspections
- Nondestructive testing such as UT, MT, PT, RT, RFEC or destructive testing such as metallurgical or failure analysis
- Loss Prevention (Safety Appurtenances)
- Engineering (Calculations & Analysis)
Four major questions will be answered in performing an evaluation or some call it, remaining life study:
- The current existing condition of boiler or equipment
- The remaining useful life
- Recommendations to prolong the life of equipment
- Repair/Replacement cost analysis
Inspection and evaluation criteria will be based on ASME, National Board, Jurisdictional Requirements, Manufacturer’s guidelines, API and other applicable codes or ordinances as the case may be.