AIR POLLUTION CONTROL
Our Services include Total Air Pollution Control Management
• Establish and lead the Engineering and Design Teams to effectively scope, document, design, plan and monitor the implementation of all projects.
• Liaise with Customer Area Managers to identify engineering, scope and priority requirements to develop an agreed Engineering Strategy.
• Manage, monitor and report on the status of the portfolio of projects to ensure that all physical, financial resource requirements are identified, sourced and maintained.
• Liaise with project/engineering personnel and stakeholders to ensure compliance with all HSEC, work quality, constructability, cost and schedule requirements to achieve of successful project results.
• Ensure the planning and preparation of accurate project estimates as requested.
• Ensure monitoring and control of all cost aspects of the engineering components
of projects to forecast costs.
• Implement a continuous improvement and lessons learned system.
• Ensure compliance of engineering activities with policies and procedures.
•Define the engineering quality requirements in line with Customer Policies
• Provide mentoring and participate in staff performance evaluations.
• Motivate the team through the use of reward and recognition processes.
• Establish and maintain effective communication links with Customer, managers and technical personnel at a state and national level.
• Provide clear and focused leadership for the Engineering team to create a vision for service success and strategies to fit that vision.
• Listen to the team, discuss the issues, and resolve problems and direct activities to remove roadblocks and achieve objectives.
The following apply as appropriate for contract scope we can offer our clients World Wide:
• Monitor and ensure all projects comply with the agreed Project Delivery Framework.
• Apply a sound understanding of the Contract team and Customer’s business to all planning processes.
• Lead the Engineering team, including:
o Allocate engineering and designing functions on the basis of technical expertise, workload and project size/complexity.
o Support the development of team members to ensure capability to match current and future needs.
o Monitor individuals’ performance against project/business and personal targets.
• Ensure effective interaction between all in/external engineering and project personnel and stakeholders.
• Monitor work undertaken to ensure compliance with Customer technical specifications, including drawing standards and equipment selection.
• Identify and respond to issues, implement timely interventions or escalate as required to ensure project delivery.
• Ensure work is effectively scheduled and resourced to deliver projects according to plan.
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of all active projects and provide technical/management advice as required.
• Identify potential areas for business growth based on state-of-the and understanding of industry and engineering trends and activities and market activity.
• Oversee/manage the administrative and logistical arrangement for the Engineering Office, including:
o Time sheeting, expenses and invoicing.
o Safety and security provisions.
o Accommodation of staff.
• Effective communications with all stakeholders.
• Document communication requirements.
• Manage accurate, timely and effective monthly business,
progress and contract health reporting to the Customer
• Ongoing monitoring of the communication network between
stakeholders and management of changes where required.
• Employ a risk management approach to all engineering based activities.
• Ensure the design team is aware of, and complies with, Customer’s Basis of Design and applicable regulations and codes.
• Ensure the monitoring of design activities, inter-discipline data flow and communications.
• Experienced in developing medium to long term engineering relationships
that encompass multiple projects of varying complexity.
• Commercial acumen in the designing/planning of multiple engineering projects.
• Strong Customer focus and proven skills in building and managing long-term Customer/Stakeholder relationships.
• High-level project management/coordination skills and demonstrated experience in a range of project roles, methodologies and frameworks.
• High-level people management skills with an emphasis on the development and retention of effective teams.
• Excellent communication and liaison skills and the ability to relate to all levels of Customers and employees.
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment and manage competing priorities and expectations.
• High level risk analysis, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
• Experienced in construction engineering roles including roles up to senior and lead engineer work in a project environment.
• Experienced in developing and implementing frameworks to manage and evaluate contractors.
• Significant experience in leading teams to achieve to targets/plans/schedules and in compliance with system requirements.
• Significant experience in identifying and managing the optimization of human, physical and financial resources.
• Ensure that HSE requirements are aligned with Customer policy and procedures, documented and followed by all Contract participants.
• Comply with all local and international HSE procedures.
• Demonstrate leadership in HSE for the life of the Contract through continuous improvement processes and innovation.
• Identify, document and communicate the Customer requirements.
• Effective management of multiple stakeholders.
• Maintain and build healthy Customer relationships throughout the Contract life.
• Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues with the Customer
as they arise.
• Guide and support the engineering team in their management of Customer relationships.
• Engineering Degree and sufficient experience to meet the criteria for membership of a recognized Professional Engineering Institution.
• Supervisor/Management Qualifications or equivalent work experience.
• Project Management Qualifications or equivalent experience (approximately 15+ years), sufficient to meet the criteria for membership of a Project Management Institute.
• Experience in similar roles in the heavy engineering/mining/industrial sector.